Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aurora Filipescu


















Today we are spotlighting the work of Aurora Filipescu. Below is her bio and artist statement. To learn more about her, please visit her blog/gallery.
http://isabel-paintings.blogspot.com/

Artist Bio:

Aurora Filipescu was born in Braila, Romania in 1970. She now resides in Los Angeles, CA.

Many things contributed to her artistic development. She traveled to Europe and US mostly interested in learning about other cultures and their history. Her father was an artist and although Aurora didn't develop her artistic abilities during her youth, the artistic presence of her father had a great influence to her later growth. Artist like Pollock, Van Gogh, and Modigliani were all sources of inspiration.

Artist Statement

My art is a manifestation of the unknown filled with uncertainty and the mysterious. It is a honest response of a question that I was seldom asked as a child: "How are you feeling?" 'Feeling?' What is 'that'?

Painting is a reflection of my experiences, of my struggle to fit and be loved, of my pain to accept that I am broken and that I need to heal before I can be complete. And only through acknowledging these feelings I can become free and empowered. Through my experiences and my paintings I only hope to bring the viewers in touch with their own feelings and beautiful spirit.

Aurora Filipescu

No comments:

Post a Comment